TomatoInk may now or in the future offer visitors to the Website the opportunity to post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available on or submit through the Website (collectively, "submit") messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, ratings, reviews, data, questions, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, but excluding TomatoInk Licensed Elements included therein, "User-Generated Content"). TomatoInk may do this through forums, blogs, message boards, social networking environments, social communities, email, and other communications functionality. Subject to the rights and license you grant in this User Agreement, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content.
Non-Confidentiality of Your User-Generated Content
Except as otherwise described in the Website's posted Privacy Statement or any Additional Terms, you agree that (a) your User-Generated Content will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and will not be returned, and (b) TomatoInk does not assume any obligation of any kind to you or any third party with respect to your User-Generated Content. Upon TomatoInk's request, you will furnish us with any documentation necessary to substantiate these rights and verify your compliance with this User Agreement or any Additional Terms. You acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that you are aware that submissions of User-Generated Content may not be secure, and you will consider this before submitting any User-Generated Content.
License to TomatoInk of Your User-Generated Content
Except as otherwise described in any Additional Terms (such as a contest's official rules), which will govern the submission of your User-Generated Content, you hereby grant to TomatoInk, and you agree to grant to TomatoInk, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any media, software, formula, or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, manufacturing, and marketing products and/or services. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to TomatoInk to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to TomatoInk, and agree to grant to TomatoInk, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section.
TomatoInk's Exclusive Right to Manage All User-Generated Content
TomatoInk may, but will not have any obligation to, review, monitor, display, post, store, maintain, accept, or otherwise make use of, any of your User-Generated Content, and TomatoInk may, in its sole discretion, delete, move, re-format, remove or refuse to post or otherwise make use of User-Generated Content without notice or any liability to you or any third party. TomatoInk reserves the right to treat User-Generated Content on the Website as content stored at the direction of users for which TomatoInk will not exercise control except to block or remove content that comes to TomatoInk's attention and is offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable to TomatoInk, or to enforce the rights of third parties or the content restrictions set forth below in the Rules when notice of their violation comes to TomatoInk's attention. Such User-Generated Content submitted by you or others need not, however, be maintained on the Website by us for any period of time and you will not have the right, once submitted, to access, archive, maintain, or otherwise use such User-Generated Content on the Website.
Representations and Warranties Related to Your User-Generated Content
Each time you submit any User-Generated Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in the state in which you reside and are the parent or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User-Generated Content you submit, and that, as to that User-Generated Content, (a) you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and other rights to the User Generated Content, or you have a lawful right to submit the User-Generated Content and grant TomatoInk the rights to it that you are granting by this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, all without any TomatoInk obligation to obtain consent of any third party and without creating any obligation or liability of TomatoInk; (b) the User-Generated Content is accurate; (d) the User-Generated Content does not and, as to TomatoInk's permitted uses and exploitation set forth in this User Agreement, will not infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party; and (e) the User-Generated Content will not violate this User Agreement (including the Rules) or any Additional Terms, or cause injury or harm to any person.
TomatoInk has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User-Generated Content, but you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights to your User-Generated Content, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at TomatoInk's cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint TomatoInk as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of TomatoInk.com used in the site are trademarks or registered trademarks of TomatoInk.com
Community Usage Rules
Nature of Rules
Your participation in the Communities is subject to all the terms in this User Agreement, including these Rules:
- Your User-Generated Content. Do not use any User-Generated Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own; this includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet. For example, your User-Generated Content should not contain any visible logos, phrases, or trademarks that belong to third parties. If anyone contributes to your User-Generated Content or has any rights to your User-Generated Content, or if anyone appears in the User-Generated Content, then you must also have their permission to submit such User-Generated Content to TomatoInk. (For example, if someone has taken a picture of you and your friend, and you submit that photo to TomatoInk as your User-Generated Content, then you must obtain your friend's and the photographer's permission to do so.)
- Speaking of Photos: No Photos, Videos, or Images of Anyone Other Than You and Your Friends and Family. If you choose to submit photos to the Website, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, then make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know and only if you have their permission to submit them. Additionally, if the photo, video, or image includes a minor, you must be the parent or guardian of the child, or have permission from the child's parents or guardians, prior to submitting them.
- Act Appropriately. Be respectful of others' opinions and comments so we can continue to build Communities for everyone to enjoy. If you think your User-Generated Content might offend someone or be embarrassing to someone, then chances are it probably will and it doesn't belong on the Website. Cursing, harassing, stalking, insulting comments, personal attacks, gossip, and similar actions are prohibited. Your User-Generated Content must not threaten, abuse, or harm others, and it must not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. Your User-Generated Content must not be defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
- Do Not Use for Commercial or Political Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not advertise or promote a product or service or other commercial activity, or a politician, public servant, or law. If you submit User-Generated Content that TomatoInk reasonably believes violates this paragraph, then we may take any legal action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion.
- Do Not Use for Inappropriate Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not promote any infringing, illegal, or other similarly inappropriate activity. If you submit User-Generated Content that TomatoInk reasonably believes violates this paragraph, then we may take any legal action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion.
- Be Honest and Do Not Misrepresent Yourself or Your User-Generated Content. Do not impersonate any other person, user, or company, and do not submit User-Generated Content that you believe may be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company.
- Others Can See. We hope that you will use the Communities to exchange information and content and have discussions with other members. However, please remember that the Communities are a public forum and User-Generated Content that you submit on the Website within a Community will be accessible and viewable by other users. Do not submit personally identifiable information (e.g., first and last name together, password, phone number, address, credit card number, medical information, e-mail address, or other personally identifiable information or contact information) on Community spaces and take care when disclosing this type of information to others.
- Don't Share Other People's Personal Information. Your User-Generated Content must not reveal another person's address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual, unless, and in the form and by the method, specifically requested by TomatoInk.
- Don't Damage the Website or Anyone's Computers or Other Internet Devices. Your User-Generated Content must not submit viruses, trojan horses, spyware, or any other technologies or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Website or any computer or other Internet Device.
We reserve the right to request at any time proof of the permissions referred to above in a form acceptable to us. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the User-Generated Content in question being removed from the Website.
Your Interactions With Other Users / Disputes
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Website, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any personal or other information) and in all of your other online activities.
You can contact us about the community usage rules by writing or emailing us at the address below:
33268 Central Ave.
Union City, CA 94587
Mon-Fri, 6am-6pm PT