How can we help you?
How to turn off HP 950XL/951XL cartridge protection
• On the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 printer:
- Touch the right arrow on the printer's control panel, then select Setup.
- Select Cartridge Chip Information after choosing Preferences.
- To turn off usage information collection, simply tap OK.
• On the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer:
- Press and hold the Wireless and Resume buttons on the printer's control panel.
- The ink supply icons will flash four times.
- To resume usage information collection, press and hold the Wireless and Resume buttons once more.
• On the Computer:
A cartridge protection feature is available on the HP Officejet 8100 and 8600 printers. In the toolbox, there is a tab called "HP Cartridge Protection" where you may decide whether or not to enable this feature. The cartridges only function in this specific printer since the default setting is activated. The cartridges will not function and a notification will appear if you attempt to install them in another printer.